Old 24-02-2003, 12:27 AM
Douglas Bolt

Default Orchids in the Kitchen window

Wendy,

Thumbnail Factory is about as easy as I can imagine (not to mention the
other advantage of being free ;-). I did some programing to fix up the HTML
more to my liking, but basically all you do is point it to a folder
containing your images, push go to create all the files needed and then
upload them to your website.

However, I suspect as one gets a bit more picky about how the thumbnails and
full images are presented on the web, one will probably start looking for a
more feature rich and customizable program, such as Aries, to generate your
thumbnails. That's my experience.

I have also looked at PhotoIndexPro, AllthumbsPlus, WebAlbum, Gallery
Remote, Express Thumbnail, Easy Thumbnails, Infranview, and ThumbsPlus.
Couldn't say I've evaluated each, but for one reason or another, I've
decided to buy the Aries Thumbnail generating program.

doug bolt
Visit: http://www.boltassociates.com

Wendy wrote:
So, Nina & Doug, Which one is the easiest for a novice? I need
something super simple please if you could
recommend any software. Thanks Wendy