Old 16-02-2009, 08:00 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Saving rainwater

brooklyn1 wrote:
"Doug Houseman" wrote
What if there is no hose bib connected to mains supply?

Now I know you're not serious.

I am sure in the area you live and work in you are absolutely
correct - this is silly, and that you may even have been in enough
other areas to have built a general rule for why you think this is
silly however... In some areas there are now code requirements that
prohibit a hose
bib from being installed on new construction. I just reviewed the
new code for one community in Australia, it was in that code. I have
looked at codes for Morocco

Anustrailia, Morocco... you're not serious... they don't even have
indoor plumbing. I've been to Morocco, they relieve themselves
directly into the street... the raw effluence runs downhill to who
knows where. And Morrocans never heard of TP, and they go from birth
to grave never having bathed either.

I haven't been to Morocco but we do actual have indoor plumbing in
Australia, at least since grandpa fell down the pit and grandma couldn't
pull him out without getting the tractor.

But don't knock the thunder box, some people used to have two-holers or even
more seats. It allows for converstion and somebody to hand you the
catalogue the travelling salesman leaves when you cannot reach it. Did you
know that was the reason that people prefered matt paper and glossy printed
catalogues didn't really take off?

David