Old 16-02-2009, 04:30 AM posted to austin.gardening
The Cowboy The Cowboy is offline

Default Question regarding rainfall collection

John,

It is a black Poly you can get them at 290 Fence, in Dripping Springs,
or I saw them at Cedar Park tractor Supply.

I got this one at 290 Fence for $200.

Yes the tank overflowed with the last rains.

Mark

http://local.yahoo.com/info-19365522...gs%2C+TX+78620

"jOhN" wrote in message
news
The Cowboy wrote:
John,
I have a 300 gallon container in the back yard that I use to water
plants. I just tapped into the downspouts, and routed it into the tank.

Mark

"jOhN" wrote in message
jOhN wrote:
Although I heard that Cedar Park and Home Depot were working a deal on
barrels I've not been able to confirm that with the city. On the other
hand, without rain there is not much use for a barrel :-(

I guess they could be considered yard art if decorated appropriately.

My question is what local Austin gardeners are using for rain
collection and their sources of supply for materials.

We might as well discuss it while waiting for some rain.............

jOhN
So I guess no one around here does any rainfall collecting. Anyone?

jOhN

I hope the recent rain helped get it filled. What kind of container is it
and where'd you get it?

jOhN