Old 16-02-2009, 04:22 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default Is Fluorite ok for my pond?

On Thu, 12 Feb 2009 14:45:19 EST, Dude wrote:

Someone gave me a bunch of fluorite from their old aquarium and I was
wondering if I could use it as a substrate for my pond along with
river rock?
Seems its used a lot for planted aquariums so I think it should be ok
in my pond which just has goldfish and koi in it.
Chris

In my local club we highly recommend no substrates on the bottom as it just
collects debris. Many of us have bottom drains that feed to the filter so
all debris sweeps out of the pond. Substrate would impede that plan. ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us