Old 16-02-2009, 10:36 AM posted to aus.gardens
Dan[_9_] Dan[_9_] is offline

Default Black snakes

Hi tathraman,
I take it you have seen the odd red-bellied black snake hanging around your
fish pond. It's more likely to be after frogs.
As a child I lived on a dairy farm. There were many red-bellied black snakes
along the creek. It was an uncommon day to bring the cattle across the creek
without seeing at least one.
Then the cane toads came through. It very soon became a very uncommon event
to see a snake of any kind.
It might have been an ecological disaster, but Mum was a lot happier sending
me off to round up the cattle in the afternoons.
Cheers,
Dan

"tathraman" wrote in message
Do red-bellied blacks get into fishponds and eat goldfish?