Old 16-02-2009, 12:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Wally[_3_] Wally[_3_] is offline

Default It's on its way!

"Sacha" wrote in message
Spring, that is. The Hostas in pots by the back door are just beginning
poke their little noses through, so the dear little sluglets can't be far
behind! And I've just pulled up a handful of shepherd's purse in flower!
Yippee! ;-)

I have a very big Hosta and every year it seems to be a canteen
for slugs from miles around.
Someone gave me a tip and I tried it last year, it worked so I am
passing it on to anyone that is interested.

Crush two or three cloves of garlic and boil them in about four
pints of water, let it stand until cold, then water the Hosta with it.

I did this three times throughout the growing season.

I did this last year and the leaves were near perfect when it died
off in the Autumn.

Wally