Old 16-02-2009, 04:08 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Omelet[_4_] Omelet[_4_] is offline

Default Is tea a herb?

In article ,
Henriette Kress wrote:

Omelet wrote:
Billy wrote:

Somebody has jumped the rails here. An herb is what it does in cooking;
flavor. That would include parsley, rosemary, and bay. A medicinal herb
is an unprocessed plant that has curative properties and includes yarrow
leaves, and buck-eye balls.

What is buck eye good for? Last I read, they were toxic.

Nice as a low-dose tincture for vein problems like hemorrhoids and
varicosities;
very nice as a salve for the same.

Although I prefer Aesculus leaves (not fruit) for the salve.

Henriette

Fascinating... Thanks!
--
Peace! Om

I find hope in the darkest of days, and focus in the brightest. I do not judge the universe. -- Dalai Lama