Old 11-04-2003, 09:08 PM
bnd777

Default Ceanothus problem

Some ceonanthus seem to do this
Some like one spot and not another
They need to be hard pruned or they outgrow their strength
My daughter had a stunning one in what to me was a lousy position yet mine
of the same variety in good soil conditions gave up the ghost after putting
on way too much growth

"SteveC" wrote in message
m...
I bought a Ceanothus a couple of years ago. The problem is that on
most of the branches there are no leaves on the inner half. It has
always been like this and looks very straggly. It has been a couple of
years now and it seems to be struggling. Does any one know if this is
normal or if not if there is anything I can do to get it looking more
healthy.
TIA
Steve