Old 17-02-2009, 10:53 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens
Billy[_7_] Billy[_7_] is offline

Default The Greenhouse Hamburger

In article ,
"Dan L." wrote:

In article
,
Billy wrote:

In article ,
"Dan L." wrote:

The reason for extreme concept is that I have a good idea how
Aluckyguess thinks. To Aluckyguess humans cannot damage or even destroy
the earth itself, even if they want to. He or She is correct that humans
are just a tic in time for this planet. The planet itself will continue
with or without humans. Unless we humans turn the Earth into another
asteroid belt.

It seems you've fallen in with the "Rapture" crowd. It seems odd that
the biosphere is given such short shrift, since it has been part of the
planet for the last 4.5 billion years. So losing it or a significant
portion of it can be construed as damage, especially when you consider
that there may only be a billion years left to recover before solar
heating does us in (the "editorial" us). Shame to lose it really, when
you consider that the ol' girl (Earth) could still be beautiful and put
off the inevitable for awhile longer, except for those
"who-ever-has-the-most-toys-when-s/he-dies-wins" idiots. We owe this
twisted vision to John Calvin. It is to be the reward of the "select".
But what can you do in a country where more people believe in the
"Virgin Birth" than evolution?
http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpag...F936A2575BC0A9
659C8B63 Conversely, heaven for me is in my garden, or at my table, or
playing spoons with my sweety on a cold winter's night. Be careful
of the lunatics, when they think they see a profit, people get trampled.

I am not in with the "Rapture" crowd. Have you forgotten one our past
discussions. I am an atheist. I will agree that my garden is the closest
thing on Earth that is a conceptual Heaven. Let's all pray, on my knees.

Our lord and savior Charles Darwin that is in the great compost pile. I
will sacrifice bugs on my alter in his name. I will also praise the
Saints J. I. Rodale and Sir Albert Howard of organic gardening. I will
send all weeds to live forever in the pit of burning hell. I will also
spurn the blasphemers that praise the use of chemical fertilizers and
herbicides. We will all meet again in the great compost piles of
recycled life on our blessed Earth.

Amen

Be careful of ANY lunatics, whether they seek a profit or not

Mphf ha h ho heh ahhh ha ... Dan

Got to admire your enthusiasm. Want to turn around so that I can
cinch-up your buckle a little bit more? ;O)
--

Billy
Kleptocrats Behind Bars