Old 17-02-2009, 07:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
chris French chris French is offline

Default Soft Fruit Protection

In message
,
Jonathan writes
On 17 Feb, 12:48, "p. pleater" wrote:
I have black, red and white currants on order and whilst I assume the
crops might need to be protected against birds, do squirrels also attack
the fruit ?
Or am I being concerned about a problem that doesn't exist ?
I do not have a fruit cage.

pp.

Squirrels took my entire strawberry crop last year whjile it was still
green - was going to be my best crop ever. I don't have a fruit cage
at present but am thinking about one.

Jonathan

Seems to depend on the squirrels then.

Ours don't seem interested in Strawbs - or any other soft fruit (they
are under a net, but that wouldn't keep out a squirrel), but they used
to like taking the nectarines in our old house
--
Chris French