Old 18-02-2009, 08:45 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Cuttings Problem.

In article ,
says...
Hi, I have no problem cultivating from cuttings, its just keeping them
through the winter. I keep them in a cold frame, on the patio. They seem to
just die after a few months. I try not to water to regular, and I think the
potting compost is No 2, Cuttings range from Fuchia Nepata Honeysuckle etc
any help appreciated. Mike.

Fuchsia need more winter protecion as young plants, and the others are
probably not well enough established to cope, either do the cuttings much
earlier in the year (I have already started) or give more protection in
winter
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk