Old 18-02-2009, 11:07 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default propagating laurel

On Feb 17, 9:21*pm, brian mitchell wrote:
Hi,

what is the best way, and time, to do this? I've tried taking cuttings
but they've never rooted. Any tips? I also wonder if it will layer?

brian mitchel

I found that literally pulling off a small, newish growth about say 6
inches and plunging it straight into the ground for about 4 of those
inches works for me. The best time, I found, to do that was in
October.

Judith