Old 18-02-2009, 11:46 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Part_No Part_No is offline

Default Giving the garden a lift

moghouse wrote in news:64f2763c-c9a9-4b59-
:

Sadly I have reached the stage, as do many ancient and disabled
gardeners, when I can't reach ground level. So either I have to give
up gardening or the garden has to come up to me. As it was another
beautifully mild day here in God's Own County, I struggled through
clumps of snowdrops and crocuses, fought my way past masses of
emerging daff buds and started making a raised bed. Being a great re-
user (my son calls me Stig, not meaning the Top Gear one) I am using
some old doors that I kept for some future project. So my raised bed
will be three feet high - let's see the carrot fly get at this one!
Fortunately I have three mature compost heaps that need emptying so
there will be no problem filling it. My pair of resident robins seem
to approve.

Any other old crips who have raised beds and have any advice or "don't
do thats", I would be delighted to hear from you.

Stig'o'the dump......brings back memories

Bet a few first early spuds will love all that deep and mature compost!

Soon be time....4 more weeks?

God's Own County......Yorkshire?

Take care mate
Part_No