Old 18-02-2009, 01:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Gopher Gopher is offline

Default Frogs

In message , endymion
writes
I seem to have lost all my frogs. I had a colony over 30 strong a
couple of years ago. I know the untimely cold last winter ( 2007/8)
limited the breeding that year but I had some back last year.
Unfortunately all the little taddies got eaten by dragon fly lava in
the pond. I cleared the pond but no frogs this year.

They usually arrive about Valentines day. My mother has frogs and
spawn. Hers usually arrive just after mine. I guess I am frog less
then? I don't suppose there is a solution to this really is there?
Anything I can do?

My ponds are usually a heavy mass of froggy frenzy about this time.
Nothing so far but I suspect the cold snap will have merely deterred the
show. FWIW I was coppicing with Dorset CC Ranger Service this morning -
several toads were up and about, which surprised me in that location. So
all is not lost
--
Gopher .... I know my place!