Old 18-02-2009, 01:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default Frogs

On 18/2/09 13:08, in article ,
"endymion" wrote:

I seem to have lost all my frogs. I had a colony over 30 strong a couple of
years ago. I know the untimely cold last winter ( 2007/8) limited the
breeding that year but I had some back last year. Unfortunately all the
little taddies got eaten by dragon fly lava in the pond. I cleared the pond
but no frogs this year.

They usually arrive about Valentines day. My mother has frogs and spawn.
Hers usually arrive just after mine. I guess I am frog less then? I don't
suppose there is a solution to this really is there? Anything I can do?

We have none yet, nor do we have toads. I think the cold may have held them
up and also it's been very dry here. Usually, we see them on wet spring
nights. So as it's rained a bit today, we'll be out with the torch tonight
just to have a look.
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com