Old 18-02-2009, 02:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
moghouse moghouse is offline

Default Giving the garden a lift

On Feb 17, 5:41*pm, "Bob Hobden" wrote:

My main comment here is, what when the doors rot?

Well they are quite solid and substantial, but without being too
morbid, I think they will see me out!

I would think about lining the inside with plastic sheeting to keep the damp
soil away from the wood. Certainly vastly improves the lifespan of log roll
and stops the soil being washed out.

I think that is an excellent idea (after all I may survive longer than
expected!) I have done that before when making compost heaps out of
pallets.
I have ferreted in my Stig store and found a few sheets of heavy grade
plastic and I have lined the inside this morning.