Old 18-02-2009, 02:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
moghouse moghouse is offline

Default Giving the garden a lift

On Feb 18, 11:46*am, "Part_No" wrote:

Any other old crips who have raised beds and have any advice or "don't
do thats", I would be delighted to hear from you.

Stig'o'the dump......brings back memories

Bet a few first early spuds will love all that deep and mature compost!

Soon be time....4 more weeks?

God's Own County......Yorkshire?

Yorkshire? I've only been there twice (in the sixties). During the
trip to Leeds it rained heavily all the time and I only saw the inside
of the hotel. The other visit was to Bradford (or should that be
Bratford?) We got lost and asked a teenaged girl for directions. She
replied, "Well, tha goes down wath........" After that we could not
understand a word. In the evening we went to the pub, full of men in
cloth caps and whippets. The conversation stopped the moment we opened
the door and did not resume until we left. Such friendly people. ( I
lied about the cloth caps.)

I went to get my seed potatoes yesterday at a local store - they had
sold out of first earlies! Planting day, according to my grandfather,
should be Good Friday.."The better the day, the better the deed, boy."
It's well over sixty years since he told me that and I still do it.