Old 18-02-2009, 05:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Aquadulce Claudia

In article ,
Bob Hobden wrote:
"Mel" wrote ...

I know that the broad bean Aquadulce Claudia is supposed to be sown in
about November. But I didn't because my soil is extremely wet. So, can I
sow them now?

We eventually gave up sowing them in the autumn due to losses over winter
and planted them about now with great success and no losses. I swear they
catch up anyway.

I gave up a couple of decades back, for that very reason, but usually
didn't get around to planting them until welll into March (because
the soil was too wet to work). Last year, I thought "We have had a
decade of mild winters - it's time to try again."

So you can blame me for the winter :-)

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.