Old 18-02-2009, 05:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Gopher Gopher is offline

Default Aquadulce Claudia

In message , Mel
writes
I know that the broad bean Aquadulce Claudia is supposed to be sown in about
November. But I didn't because my soil is extremely wet. So, can I sow
them now?

Many Thanks.

I would get them in as soon as you feel the soil has dried sufficiently.
Or start them in pots and transplant as soon as possible.

I sowed mine in November as always - admittedly in raised beds to keep
them off the N. Dorset clay. They have performed perfectly and are now
c. 6-8 ins high and I haven't lost one (except possibly where I
stupidly stuck a batten for future stringing right through one of the
beans on the day I sowed them). Typical!
--
Gopher .... I know my place!