Old 18-02-2009, 06:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
®óñ© © ²°¹°-°¹ ®óñ©  ©  ²°¹°-°¹ is offline

Default propagating laurel

On Wed, 18 Feb 2009 10:29:26 +0000, Ros Butt
wrote:

I layered a lower stalk down into a fairly shallow pot which I positioned
near the edge of the main tub in the spring (or may have been early
summer), and weighted it down with a couple of stones. By the autumn it
seemed to have rooted okay, so I then severed it and carefully planted into
a slightly bigger normal-depth pot. I've kept it in the conservatory over
the winter and it seems to be thriving okay, so will put it out in the
warmer weather and hope for the best.

My bay standard (6' tall x 4' diameter) often throws up *?suckers
around its base.

I have excavated several of these, dug them up with attached roots and
potted them on.

They are doing well, donated some to a neighbour who is well chuffed

--
®óñ© © ²°¹°-°¹