Old 19-02-2009, 12:01 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
brian mitchell brian mitchell is offline

Default propagating laurel

Charlie Pridham wrote:

Are we talking Bay or Cherry Laural?

If there's only the two kinds, then cherry. The kind of laurel which
lines the drives of gloomy Victorian houses called "The Laurels". And
has black berries once a year. I have one in an inappropriate place
which needs taking out but I'd like to have a couple of successors to
grow where they have enough room.

I've tried the 'stick it in the ground' method a few times but they've
not rooted for me. Would rooting hormone help?

brian mitchell