Old 11-04-2003, 10:32 PM
Bigjon

Default Wild birds

Recently, Jayne uttered:

Cat's killing birds is somewhat avoidable. I have 2 cats - they both wear
collars with bells & are kept in at night. Apparently most birds are killed
by cats at dawn & dusk, so if the cats are inside during that time they are
less likely to catch them.
Mice, however are a different story - if it wasn't for the cats we'd be over
run.
"Essjay001" wrote in message
Just so all the cat lovers know, cats a responsible for 55 MILLION wild

bird
deaths per year according to the TV last night.

I agree, 100%. Having been forced to live on the edge of a notoriously
badly designed and run council estate, we were overrun with mice and rats
at first. Our cats are a godsend, and keep them at bay. Without them, we
would be suffering who knows what damage and disease ( that is not to say I
agree with killing mice and rats, but they are part of the felines natural
prey ). The damage a few mice & rats can do in a small garden is
unimaginable unless you have seen it.... We now live with a garden that has
a six foot fence all around it, and it's heaven - we can shut out the rest
of the world and relax in peace thanks to our felines !
--
It's all on http://support.microsoft.com/ somewhere....