Old 19-02-2009, 04:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default Aphids on Venus Fly Trap

On 19/2/09 15:50, in article
, "Dave" wrote:

"K" wrote in message
Sacha writes
On 19/2/09 14:40, in article
, "Dave"
wrote:

I'm having an aphid problem with my VFT.

snip

I'm surprised it's not taking care of the problem for itself! Don't they
eat aphids?

Probably not large and fast moving enough to trigger the leaf closing
mechanism, which relies on a fly bumping into some hair-like extensions on
the leaf.

They're on the stalks... the plant is only just coming out of its winter
dormancy so there are no open traps at the moment.

Ah, that explains it. I thought the remedy might be self-administered!

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com