Old 20-02-2009, 03:28 PM posted to rec.gardens
Boron Elgar[_2_] Boron Elgar[_2_] is offline

Default Baby Bok Choy

On Fri, 20 Feb 2009 06:42:33 -0500, Pat Kiewicz
wrote:

Transplants are just far more successful. The seeds sprout in optimal
conditions (no competition from weeds and no pests). I've actually
compared direct seeding to seeding in pots at the same time. For
anything in the cabbage family, transplanting works better.

All last season I grew extra dwarf bok choy with seeds I got from
Kitizawa in CA. They germinate so quickly and get to full growth so
fast, that I don't think it'd be worth the transplanting. I had pots
and pots of it growing at various stages all season long. It became
out favorite stir-fry green.

Still, it's an interesting idea and I'll give transplants a try with
larger varieties.

This is where I got the seeds for the itty-bitty ones.

http://www.kitazawaseed.com/seed_274-78.html

Boron