Old 20-02-2009, 05:57 PM posted to rec.gardens
[email protected] beecrofter@yahoo.com is offline

Default Bamboo river erosion control

On Feb 19, 12:11*pm, "Dan Listermann" wrote:
We bought a camp on a small river in eastern Indiana. *The bank recently
underwent a lot of erosion. *Its eight foot walls are literally vertical at
the top. *Obviously it is too late to do much about this, but I was thinking
that bamboo might work well to try to mitigate more erosion. *We will be
fishing off the bank so the bamboo should not be too tall. *I understand
that when you cut bamboo, it stops growing. *We could let it start and just
trim anything that got in our way. *The bank faces the south and gets a lot
of light. *The soil is very sandy and appears rich.

Any thoughts?

canebrake was probably native there, worth looking into