Old 20-02-2009, 05:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
endymion endymion is offline

Default Roots on trees.

I wonder if someone could help me. I have a Rowen tree an apple tree and
a beech tree ( not a hedge) in my garden. How deeply do these kinds of trees
root? They are about twenty years old.

My other half is wondering if they have blocked out land drains as it seems
some silly previous owner may have planted them directly cross the land
drain area. he wants to take them down. They are substantial trees and I
would prefer not to up heave them unless necessary.

The land drains may have just slowed down because of the very cold weather
and the soggy ground generally but we cant be sure until it stops raining
rivers here.