Old 20-02-2009, 11:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jeff[_13_] Jeff[_13_] is offline

Default In time

Sacha wrote:

Oh, Christina, you're being very polite but - this person does this sort of
thing all the time because it's the only way he can get attention. He
starts absolutely ridiculous threads on things of no importance or relevance
and he does that a lot. Any minute now he'll tell you about what happened
on his last cruise!

Ha! I was wondering why he hasn't bored us with that yet.
Perhaps his new-found insignificance means that he realises that none of
us care (well, you can live in hope!)

He has a 'thing' about newsgroups being 'led' by a select number of people.
It's been going on for years and years and it's infinitely boring. What he
really means is "nobody's paying me any attention". He's the Violet
Elizabeth Bott of urg and many unfortunate other groups, I'm afraid.

Munchausen Syndrome.
"An attention-seeking personality disorder which is more common than
statistics suggest. Munchausen Syndrome, named after a German soldier
renowned for exaggerated tales, is a predominantly female disorder in
which an emotionally immature person with narcissistic tendencies, low
self-esteem and a fragile ego has an overwhelming need to draw attention
to him/herself and to be the centre of attention."