Old 21-02-2009, 01:58 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Bonnie NJ Bonnie NJ is offline

Default HELP!

This morning I looked out at the pond and noticed a small furry animal
sitting on the bottom slate of the waterfall carefully washing
itself. I was trying to get a better look and I must have startled
the animal - it slid into the pond! The pond is ice covered except
for the area at the base of the waterfall.
The animal was the size of a baby groundhog - is it a (I hate to say
it) a muskrat? And how
do I go about getting rid of it? Do they eat fish? The level of the
pond hasn't dropped yet, so
I assume there are no holes yet.