Old 21-02-2009, 10:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Brian[_12_] Brian[_12_] is offline

Default Garden design software

In article , (Bob

*Subject:* Garden design software
*From:* "Bob Hobden"
*Date:* Sat, 21 Feb 2009 18:09:50 -0000

"Brian" wrote
We're thinking of a major redesign of our back garden. We started
looking
for a design(CAD) package. There seem to be a lot out there in
webland,
but none of them seem to get rave reviews. What have you tried?
Did it do
what you wanted? and lastly, would you recommend it to a fellow
usenet
newsgrouper?

This has been discussed often on this Ng and the consensus has
always been that other than the professional type programs (at
considerable cost) they are rubbish, toys only.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

That's pretty much the conclusion we had drawn. A pity really, something
like SoldWorks for gardeners would be fantastic.. but at what price ;-)

Many thanks.

Cheers!