Old 22-02-2009, 09:35 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Gopher Gopher is offline

Default Swivel blade bow saw query.

In message , Martin
writes
On Sat, 21 Feb 2009 10:43:33 -0800 (PST), aquachimp
wrote:

On Feb 21, 5:06*pm, Martin wrote:
On Sat, 21 Feb 2009 05:05:31 -0800 (PST), aquachimp

wrote:
On Feb 15, 9:57*am, aquachimp
wrote:
On Feb 14, 10:50*pm, Martin wrote:

On Sat, 14 Feb 2009 21:39:19 GMT, Rusty_Hinge

wrote:

The message

from aquachimp contains
these words:

/hack/

So, does anyone know where I can get such a sway (other then being
ripped off via Ebait)?
Do they have a particular name?
have any suggestions for my online search.

Look in auction houses, secondhand shops, Freecycle, etc.

I have a wooden one even older than the one you describe - it is
tensioned with a twisted cord at the top of the 'H' and held with a
beechwood peg.

Loosen it, and you can twist the blade to any angle.

New one here for 30

quid.http://www.abbeygardensales.co.uk/su...picking-prunin...
--

Martin

Thank you. Though not for the advert, but for the wording of your
reply, because it extended my search possibilities and I think I've
now found it.

http://www.sveden.it/en/SchedaProdot..._BOW_SAW_18_20...

Trouble now is how to get it from Italy.

The bow saws we use are much bigger than the wolf one you mention. It
means that we can hag them on our shoulder as we climb. I can't see
that as a real possibility with the wolf one

Ok, ever resourseful beings; I've filled in their request form. The
site is entirely in English, but on submitting the form I get back;

La vostra richiesta è stata inviata, verrete ricontattati al più
presto.

What does that mean?

I got it last week too, and assumed it might mean something about
getting back to me ASAP.. *Wrong, clearly.

And, in for a penny an all, how do I write, in Italian, *how much is
their adjustable bow saw , (Euro or £), will they send to Belgium, or
have they an outlet there already?

Ta (-:

There is a Dutch auction site that disposes of bankrupt businesses,
among the
hundreds of items that belonged to an outdoor activity
companyhttp://www.bva-auctions.com/auction/index/1025*is a lot
consisting of 6 bow
saws and climbing ropes etc. Half the things don't attract a single
bid. On the
same site the property of a fraudulent investment company
"Easylife"!!! is up
for grabs. They seem to have spent the punters money on very expensive cars,
watches, wine and a lawn mower and
tractor(http://www.bva-auctions.com/category/index/1032/51153/2)

http://www.bva-auctions.com/auction/category/1032
--

Martin

Crikey, a whole ride on mower for just 200 euro.

I wondered if you were 'that' martin.
Hows your Italian (-:?
"La vostra richiesta è stata inviata, verrete ricontattati al più
presto."

Que?

Sacha is the person you are looking for.

"Que?" es español ......"Che?" e italiano. E vero Sacha... no?

(Nobody likes a smart a**e.... so my apologies..;-))....)

--
Gopher .... I know my place!