Old 22-02-2009, 10:49 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Brian[_12_] Brian[_12_] is offline

Default Garden design software

In article ,

*Subject:* Garden design software
*From:* Sacha
*Date:* Sun, 22 Feb 2009 09:26:26 +0000

On 21/2/09 22:00, in article
,
"Brian" wrote:

In article ,

*From:* Sacha
*Date:* Sat, 21 Feb 2009 18:13:34 +0000

On 21/2/09 16:00, in article
,
"Brian" wrote:

In article

,
(aquachimp) wrote:

In short, it wont really design squat for you. You'll have to

do
that.
You'll have to scribble down measurements. Get ideas read up on
stuff.
Walk the plot. Think.
It wont do your thinking.

HTH

Yes, we realise that. We have measured what's there already, and
I'm in
the process of turning that into an Autocad plan. That will be

our
starting point. The software it to 'jiggle' things around, and
then to
view 3D/walkthrough in say 10 years time.

Cheers!

The subject has come up a few times over the years here. The
overall view
seems to be that you're just as well off with a pad of paper and

stub of
pencil.

snip

Well, the plan is complete, and printed out a few times... since
then
it's been pencil and rubber ;-)

Very many thanks.

Cheers!

Let us know how you get on, won't you? ;-)

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com

It's a small plot, so I might redraw the finished sketch and stick them
on the web.. I'll post a link here.

Cheers!