Old 11-04-2003, 11:56 PM
Hussein M.

Default law on boundaries ?

On Fri, 11 Apr 2003 08:42:22 +0100, Kay Easton
wrote:

In article , Hussein M.
writes
I don't usually like using acronyms. I think it's the influence of
this urg. Can't stand the things myself, and have bored of sitting
staring at a string of letters guessing what they stand for.

Mostly what they stand for is padding phrases anyway. "In my
opinion", "As far as I know" etc.etc.

Not at all! AFAIK isn't padding, it's a disclaimer ;-) 'I think this is
true, but I'm not completely sure, so check it out independently, and if
you act on it, you can't blame me if it all goes wrong'
I use it a lot, especially when giving advice on edibility of berries
;-)

Yes I know Kay. Don't worry, it's a foible if mine.

I do however spend infinitely more time deciding what to say and the
best way to say it than I do tapping out the words on the keyboard.
How long does it take to type "As far as I know"?

I did apologise in advance and you can be assured that I don't think
any less of people for using them.

Hussein
"For of all gainful professions, nothing
is better, nothing more pleasing,
nothing more delightful, nothing better
becomes a well-bred man than
agriculture"

spam block - for real addy, reverse letters of second level domain.