Old 22-02-2009, 11:26 PM posted to aus.gardens

Default Black snakes

Robb Scott wrote:

Many years ago I was walking in the Lederderg Gorge in Victoria and I
sat on a rock and had a smoke while I was resting. My Labrador also
had a rest and sat beside me. After I put out my cigarette and
started to stand up I viewed an enormous brown snake lying on the
rock behind us.

I gently grabbed the Labrador by the collar and guided her away and
from a distance I viewed the snake still there and apparently
unperturbed by our visit. Had we been bitten we were probably 4 hours
away from medical support.

See smoking IS a health hazard.

David