Old 22-02-2009, 10:23 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default HELP!

On Sun, 22 Feb 2009 10:23:31 EST, Bonnie NJ wrote:

I didn't see the tail. The water level hasn't gone down but the pond
looks like coffee with cream, all muddy. Last week it was clear and
you could see the fish, now you can't see anything. We kept a close
watch yesterday but didn't see the animal. I think it is digging in
all the pots. Much of the ice has thawed overnight and I will
continue to watch. At this point it's all I can do.

Yup, I agree that it is the reason for the muddy water. Dang! Any
possibility that you could do a flow thru water change to clear the water
and get the critter out? It has got to be stressing the fish something
awful, but maybe they can hide well enough in muddy water?
~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us