Old 12-04-2003, 12:20 AM
Berob

Default Japanese Beetles...

Start using Milky Spore. Once you get it established, I think it lasts
forever.
"C. Hurst" wrote in message
HELP!

I want to get an early start on these monsters this year...

Is there anything short of napalm (...and I am willing to try that...)

Thanks,

Carla (...whose cats think Japanese Beetles are a crunchy nutritional
supplement... but don't eat them in sufficient quantities....)

P.S.
Last year a neighbor suggested nicotine...so I collected cigarette
butts (since I don't smoke) and soaked them then sprayed it on my
grapevines...and I swear...I think they LIKED the stuff...leave it to
me to find Japanese Beetles with a nicotine habit...and the collection
bags are worse than useless...they encourage the little beggars...I'm
thinking of hanging them in my neighbors yard...that might do it...