Old 23-02-2009, 05:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider Spider is offline

Default Agapanthus seedees.....

"Aries" wrote in message
On Sun, 22 Feb 2009 21:13:02 GMT, Sheila wrote:

Very strange, the 1st seedling I had removed from all the other pots, a
typical seedling, two leaves, and now developing two others, is doing ok,
but..... all the others now developing look like a curved peice of grass!
(in fact a miniature of the leaf) anyone else's like this? Reading all
the
others posts, I thought the first one was the norm, but I'm not so sure
now,
very strange indeed......

I'm sorry to say I've only just sown mine - wanted to wait until after the
very cold weather we had recently as my green house isn't heated. I'll
let
you know if they pop up their heads - do they take long to germinate?
--
Don't give up when you still have something to give.
http://ariesval.co.uk/val/

Mine didn't take too long to start germinating, but I sowed mine indoors in
the warmth. Some are still germinating, so they're a bit erratic. The RHS
Propagation guide says that seed sown at 16deg C should germinate within 3
weeks. I believe mine came through sooner than that, so keep a regular
check on them.

Spider