Old 24-02-2009, 03:55 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Bonnie NJ Bonnie NJ is offline

Default HELP!

On Feb 23, 7:22 am, ~ jan wrote:
On Sun, 22 Feb 2009 17:24:09 EST, Bonnie NJ wrote

:
Update: It's a muskrat. Ralph said that the critter has dug a hole
in the liner and that is why the water is so muddy.

I'm thinking (just remembering something from some other time) that 12-18

"
is their prime entry/exit point. Just seems though it would have made a
hole up and out of the pond, if it did go thru the liner, thus you would
lose water? I'm hoping it is from digging in the plants, since your water
was clear not all that long ago, it has been digging and eating the plant
roots. ~ jan
------------
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds:www.jjspond.us

The pond is ice covered once again. We know the area he is digging
but we
won't be able to make repairs or changes until the ice is gone and we
can
hopefully move the fish. From what I've read, they often have more
than one
entry and exit holes.
Bonnie
NJ