Old 24-02-2009, 03:56 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
JB[_1_] JB[_1_] is offline

Default New Pond Stuff?

I've priced some Matala pads but not ordered any yet. I'm thinking about
replacing a couple bags of lava rock with these. I'll get more motivated to
do something as it warms some more. Also, thought some about buying a back
up pump for if/when mine fails. I know it's a lot of money to put out right
now but pump prices seem to be going through the roof. The pump I'm
currently running, an Oase Auquamax (approx. 3,000 gph) has doubled in price
since I bought it in 2004.

Got a good supply of Sho Koi that'll get me into spring. Have we ever
discussed the benefits of feeding "premium" food over "catfish" food to our
fish?! ;-)

JB

"~ jan" wrote in message
Anyone done any pre-season pond related shopping yet? I just can't seem to
get in the mood and I know I need to buy Prazi and more Koizyme this year.
I'm usually shopping around by this time. How about you? ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us