Old 24-02-2009, 02:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default Swivel blade bow saw query.

On 24/2/09 13:08, in article ,
"Martin" wrote:

On Tue, 24 Feb 2009 11:31:12 +0000, Sacha wrote:

snip

Well, I can add up a column figures in a trice and rarely make a mistake
because we were taught mental arithmetic so young that I barely remember
learning it. But maths is a closed book for me and I freely admit to being
a real idiot about it. I didn't even take Maths O level - it was either me
or the teacher and I think they thought the teacher was rather more useful!

Try doing an OU introductory course if you are really worried?

No, it doesn't bother me that much and I've got this far without it!

Neither of my kids can do simple mental arithmetic, although they both have
degrees. They are from the generation where they were expected to use
calculator.

We find the same with the youngsters here - they use calculators a lot of
the time whereas we oldies have whizzed off the answer in seconds.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com