Old 24-02-2009, 02:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Part_No Part_No is offline

Default Toads

Jeff wrote in news:dICol.18122$OT2.16593
@newsfe29.ams2:

Part_No wrote:
Early for toads - they lay later than frogs.

Now THAT depends where you are on the globe!

Err, UK? (group name gives a clue)

Err, is it not a fact that the UK is on our globe.

Also we get some of the more exotiic varieties from elsewhere on the globe
and they come to us via birds (carryng spawn) which visit other continents.

How these spawns survive in our (UK) climate is not certain, but they do!

Err, it also says gardening NOT gardens (group name gives a clue)

Generally we find the toads are about 3 to 4 weeks later than the frogs.
Usually frogs end of Feb (loads this year), toads end of March.

Generally is untrue......sometimes is more accurate

If you are saying that frogs and toads are indigenous to our UK, then you
may be wrong.....

Take care
Part_No