Old 24-02-2009, 06:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default Best Approach for Replacing an Old Tree

On 24/2/09 17:00, in article , "Emery
Davis" wrote:

Sacha wrote:

snip
And the other lovely tree
we've planted a few of lately is the Betula jacquemontii - they're such
graceful and elegant trees, IMO.

They are indeed. Mine was planted 2 seasons ago and has done very
poorly I'm afraid. It died back considerably in the late frosts last
year, and looks more than a little sad. Do you know if there's anything
in particular I should do to perk it up?

cheers,

-E

I asked Ray about this and he was surprised that it *was* affected by frost,
considering its origins. I know you're a bit of a tree expert but could
there possibly be some other cause?

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com