Old 25-02-2009, 12:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default Best Approach for Replacing an Old Tree

On 25/2/09 08:26, in article , "Emery
Davis" wrote:

snip

The birch did flood quite a bit it's first winter as it was very wet.
Then along with many other plants it was fully leafed out when in early
March we had snow and hard freezing. That's when it died back, along
with many other trees here. I had planted a rare A. longipes ssp
catalpifolium as a FS that fall, it froze back to the ground. (That one
is known to be a bit tender, mind you.)

-E

It does sound as if they've been through the mill, poor things - and poor
you with the disappointment!
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com