Old 25-02-2009, 08:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Peter C[_2_] Peter C[_2_] is offline

Default Mountfield mower servicing.

On 25 Feb, 13:59, Derek Turner wrote:
On Tue, 24 Feb 2009 12:47:29 -0800, Peter C wrote:
I have a Mountfield petrol rotary mower. About 4 or 5 years old. It
starts but needs servicing.In the West Yks area (Bradford, Huddersfield)
I can only find 2 major service departments.and it may be I will use one
of them
However in the day and age surely there are smaller servive engineers,
perhaps self employed or a small firm looking for this type of work. Any
recommendations in this area please Peter

Suggest you try 'Agricultural Machinery' in the Yellow pages. I've always
found them to be more reasonably priced, probably because they operate
out of converted barns in the countryside and so have lower overheads
than 'in town'.

Thank you to all who replied. Have now booked it in with a main lawn
mower servive dept in Huddersfield
Peter