Old 26-02-2009, 02:17 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
[email protected] pakrat@usenet.pr.neotoma.org is offline

Default LED lights

On Wed, 25 Feb 2009 07:50:14 -0800 (PST) in janet wrote:
Has anyone tried these? Combos of red&blue LEDs in a square panel.
Supposed to be as good as HID systems with less electricity. Amazon
has them via some other vendor. I'm tempted to try them for the
seedlings I should get back from flasking in May.

Which systems are you looking at?
I looked at them back before I had a wife and step kids, and
I just couldn't see the extra cost of the fixtures paying for
the electricity.

however, since that time more vendors have been trying to deploy more
high intensity LED fixtures for more tasks.
I just haven't had time to look at them again :-).

--
Chris Dukes
davej eskimos have hundreds of words for snow. I have two. Bullshit.