Old 26-02-2009, 03:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Stephen Wolstenholme Stephen Wolstenholme is offline

Default mares/horse tail

On Thu, 26 Feb 2009 12:59:53 +0000, Ted
wrote:

Just taken over an allotment thats is completely choked with the weed...
My idea is to plant in raised beds which I will dig out to about a
foot deep then put some weed suppressant down then backfill with the riddled
soil that I have dug out...Anyone tell me if this weed suppressant fabric
will keep the mares tail at bay or does it have the power to grow through

One of my neighbours had lots of mares tails growing in a damp patch.
He heaped a load of wood ash on them and they disappeared over the
following few months. The patch has been clear ever since.

Steve

--
Neural Planner Software Ltd http://www.NPSL1.com