Old 26-02-2009, 03:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Cutting the dross

That may have been the start of his troubles with Crowe, but he had
already been deeply embroiled in problems in other groups, notably the
Birmingham local group.

I believe that it was his involvement with uk.local.birmingham and his
attitude which cost him his job. I have it on very good authority that he
would be 'watched' by, I believe, the auditors of the council, i.e. those
who oversee the "Value for money" services of a council. My family were at
that time in the offices of our local council and they had to abide by the
guidelines. I warned Mabbett that he would be watched as well. He chose to
ignore me. Whether his actions cost him his job I don't know, and we never
will. Someone did post up just how many newsgroups he was subscribing to and
how many postings he had done over a period of time which were NOT to do
with his job. Being a net nanny on uk.local.birmingham would not be in his
job description.

His first attack on me for the posting I had done in the birmingham
newsgroup was of course completely out of order because I was addressing
people in the birmingham area, just as I have used local newsgroups many
times since .................... without the Mabbett problem.

Vicious man. Well out of the way. Let's hope he doesn't return to cause
trouble to this newsgroup.

Kindest regards

Mike