Old 26-02-2009, 09:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty_Hinge[_2_] Rusty_Hinge[_2_] is offline

Default Swivel blade bow saw query.

The message
from Aries contains these words:
On Thu, 26 Feb 2009 17:34:38 GMT, Rusty_Hinge wrote:
The message
from Aries contains these words:

I don't remember that Sacha, was that once the cinema ?

The old one might have been, but I don't think so.

The new one was purpose-built.

I used to be a Fiend of Queen's Theatre...

But I remember St
Andrews Church where I was confirmed.

Ah. Rev. Hayden Dymoke?

Nope - further back than that - Bishop somebody or other. I was given a
white New Testament and prayer book at the time which was inscribed by him -
now I must go and have a look see exactly what his name was.

Before? He was there just after the war and until mid-1950s or maybe a
bit longer than that.

I used to sing in the choir at times in those days too.

Ah, in my time it was a *PROPER* church choir - men and boys...

Oh! and one year I
was crowned Queen of the May and had to recite Tennysons Poem about Queen of
the May to crowds of onlookers I have photos somewhere of me, plus
courtiers, and with a flower girl sprinkling rose petals before me, walking
in procession across the road and into that church!

My sister was married there - because the groom's college fire-engine
had put a con-rod through the crankcase, they had to make do with a
veteran car, both side-by-side on this pic.

http://www3.imperial.ac.uk/portal/pl...1/19067697.JPG

Now you've got me started lol lol and nothing at all to do with gardening !

Oh, I don't know, there are some nice gardens behind the old library
(can't unforget the name of the house now) the other side of Billet
Lane.

And a pond, so we can link to frogs and toads and stuff.

--
Rusty