Old 26-02-2009, 11:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty_Hinge[_2_] Rusty_Hinge[_2_] is offline

Default OT Now - talk among yourselves! was Swivel blade bow saw query.

The message
from Sacha contains these words:
On 26/2/09 17:34, in article
, "Rusty_Hinge"
wrote:

The message
from Aries contains these words:

I don't remember that Sacha, was that once the cinema ?

The old one might have been, but I don't think so.

Yes, it was. The old one - the one I worked in - was a cinema at one time.
It was obliquely across the road from a pub which IIRC stood in a sort of
triangle, almost on its own.

Entirely on its own, if you discount the cars parked there.

Left of that was a row of shops where I was
sent every fortnight to borrow props and the shop would get a credit in he
programme - "China by XYZ". The archives said it had no fly tower but I
remember us flying things, so now I'm wondering if a fly tower was built
later than the early archives depict, or whether we just flew roll cloths.
However, I'm not really sure it was the latter because I remember stage
weights being used to fly things in and out. I think! One was dropped and
nearly hit me.

Do you remember (was it) David Donymede?

I remember having to gouge the theatre carpenter out of the pub nearby on
several occasions - one memorable occasion being when we couldn't raise the
iron (the safety curtain) and I recall Stephanie Cole playing in one of the
pieces there. Diana Rigg did a Sunday night, too.

Well thought-of theatre, was yer Queen's.

I remember the electrician being so drunk-as-a-skunk during the technical
fit up that he just didn't write down every lighting cue and Jane Howell,
who was the director then, went justifiably mad when he missed every one of
them in the technical rehearsal. Just occasionally, I still see some of
those long-ago faces on tv. It's quite a jolt when that happens but fun,
too. I found an old programme in the archives showing my name as a 'walk
on' in a panto and suddenly, all those names came rushing back to me. How
peculiar!

Poke a memory with a sharp stick and you never know what else will float up.

--
Rusty