Old 27-02-2009, 01:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Good news from Cornish gardens

In article ,
says...
On 26/2/09 22:45, in article
,
"Charlie Pridham" wrote:

I was today at a get together of Cornish garden owners and head gardeners
and while waiting for the busines to start we were all swapping horror
stories about how cold our gardens had been and how much stuff was
looking bad, but all decided this was minor and most had already cleared
and replanted, the good news is that the cold winter has held back the
flowering of the spring flowered Magnolias and Rhodos and things are
shaping up nicely for one of the best years ever.

Nice to hear of a bright side to it all, Charlie. You've certainly had a
hard and unusual winter. I'm going to email today to find out how Tresco
got on, or were they at your get together?

No but word is -2c there so much tidier going on as I suspect, Aeoniums
won't have liked it just for starters! I do not know if you know it but
Trewidden had -4c at the top of the walled garden and -8c at the bottom
which for one of the far west gardens is all but unheard of.
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk