Old 12-04-2003, 02:32 AM
Tom Jaszewski

Default Grubs

On Fri, 11 Apr 2003 19:23:03 -0600, "John S. DeBoo"
wrote:

Ken wrote:

I've worked in the pesticide industry for several years now and would
like to not that Diazinon is the LAST chemical that would be used for
grub control. Diazinon when used to kill grubs has to be used at
extreamly high concentrations and also Diazinon is usually only about
50-60% effective.

Thanks for your expertise, seriously. My mixture was 2-3 tbsp in a quart hose sprayer
that was filled with water, then of course diluted further when sprayed with the water
hose, then further diluted when watered all night long. Doesn't seem real strong but then
my knowledge of chemicals as compared to yours is far less. Thanks again for the info.

We now use merit which is several times safer and
over 90% effective ourselves. I don't think however that is it
available to the general public.

Hmmm, I wonder why? Probably can't figure out how much to charge the public I suppose or
its off the general market by agreement so that we can be overcharged by professionals.
Like a lot of other things anymore. I'm not in the least saying that Pros are unreliable,
do a poor job or are trying to shaft people, simply that its harder and harder for a DIYer
to save a few bucks anymore with this sort of stuff going on.

No gone cuz idiots make observations like, "not very strong" based
on incompetence in the use of dangerous chemicals. No "professional"
gardener needs to use Diazinon. Go back and read Pam's posts, she's
polite and takes the time to explain it to dunderheads with
conspiratorial theories.

"As crude a weapon as a cave man's club the chemical barrage has been hurled at the fabric of life."
Rachel Carson